Thursday, August 7, 2008

HHYC 2008



Another year on "The Hill" at HHYC! It always seems to go too fast. I know the summer is almost over when we pack up and leave on that last Sunday afternoon. We pull out on to Rt. O and head home over the winding roads. As soon as we go around the first turn and the camp is out of sight, one begins to look back on the week and look forward to next year. This year was very different for me. It was the first year that I really felt like I was one of the older helpers. I haven't been on a team for a couple years but I never felt old before this year. We had a great speaker and he did a great job speaking to the teens but his messages at the begining really weren't directed at me. And I'm in no way saying that I'm perfect but I didn't need a message on how to be saved.


About half way through the week, in our "Crew time" we discussed 8 blessings that God has given us. One of them really jumped out to me. It was "choseness". This meant that before we were born, God chose us. We don't have to wait around for an acceptance letter or a phone call. He has already chosen us and we don't have to apply again. That meant so much to me especially since it feels like all I've been doing is waiting on acceptance letters to colleges and phone calls for jobs.


Later in the week there was one evening when Rowan Fay didn't preach. He didn't feel like he should, so he didn't and the alter was lined. God really came and met with us, especially me. I'd been so worried about the future and not knowing what I was suppposed to do with my life. But that night God told me that everything would work out and that all I had to do was take one day at a time and He would show me the way.


I'm so thankful that God never disappoints us because he always meets us on "the Hill"!


Here is a picture of this year's Crew! It was a great bunch and everyone worked hard to make camp turn out great!


No comments: